5 days! 5 days until Christmas! Eeeeeekkk!! The little kid inside me is bursting with joy and excitement during this magical time of year. I’m really hoping Chicago gets snow before or on Christmas day. If not, I’ll make do and await our snow storms in January, as always 😉
Since this semester has ended, I’ve been racking my brain on recipes I could offer and share for you to bring to holiday parties and to make for your loved ones at home. Cranberry and Orange is a classic Christmastime pairing, so I decided to make Christmas Morning Muffins with this flavor duo plus some walnuts! I used my latest favorite pancake and waffle mix brand, Kodiak Cakes, as the base. A box is less than $5, and it includes most of the dry ingredients you need. As I’m writing this I am anxiously waiting for the muffins to cool so I can taste test them and post this recipe!
The verdict= super moist, fluffy, flavor packed, Christmas-worthy muffins!!!! Yahoo! You will NOT be disappointed with this gem. So, without further ado…
Cranberry Orange Christmas Morning Muffins
- 2 cups Kodiak Waffle and Flapjack Mix (Whole Wheat and Honey Flavor)
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- Crushed walnuts
- 3/4 cup cranberries
- 2 eggs
- 4 oz applesauce
- 1/2 cup cashew milk
- 2 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1/2 medium size orange, grated
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line muffin pan with muffin liners or grease with coconut oil.
- Add 2 cups of the Kodiak Waffle Mix to a medium size bowl. Add the spices and mix.
- In another small bowl, lightly whisk the two eggs. Add the remaining wet ingredients and mix well.
- Per the muffin mix method, pour the wet ingredients on top of the dry. Use a baking spatula to mix until just combined. Add the cranberries and some crushed walnuts should you want them in your batter. I just topped mine before baking.
- Pour the mixture just below the top of each muffin well.
- Bake for 18 minutes at 350. Let cool for 15 minutes. Your taste buds will thank you for the rollercoaster ride 😉 Happy Holidays!