I developed a version of this recipe in my undergrad program as an exercise to share with children and their parents. What better time than fall to reintroduce an improved version of this apple pie granola?! It honestly tastes like fall and wafts cinnamon throughout your house- amazing and the perfect cozy breakfast or treat! Did I mention it only requires 6 simple & affordable ingredients?!
🔸2 red apples, cubed (size of die)
🔸1 cup rolled oats
🔸1-2 tsp cinnamon
🔸1/4 tsp fine sea salt
🔸1 1/2 Tbsp honey (or agave/maple syrup)
🔸1 tsp olive oil
🔸Optional: add raw almonds or pecans for a crunch factor midway through baking!! And top your choice of yogurt to make a parfait!
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Add all 6 ingredients in 1 bowl. Mix well (especially so salt doesn’t clump in one area!)
3. Place mix spread out on lined baking sheet.
4. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring midway through.
5. Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
6. Enjoy as is or make an Apple Pie Sundae with yogurt!
P.S. Refrigerate if you don’t eat immediately to save safely for later.
Please let me know what you think. Enjoy! Happy fall, y’all!