I was daydreaming of flavor combos that would kill it as a raw bar, and my mind landed on butter pecan. I LOVED butter pecan ice cream as a kid, and while pecans are typically used in the fall, who says we can’t have them NOW!? Ami right?!
I wanted to make this recipe vegan and paleo friendly, so I used coconut oil instead of butter and maple syrup instead of any other sweetener.
Raw Butter Pecan Bars
Prep time: 30 minutes
*2 hours refrigerating time is suggested!
- 1 sleeve Graham crackers
- 1 packed cup medjool dates
- 3/4 cup toasted almonds
- 2 cups soaked cashews
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 pecans
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F. Toast almonds and topping pecans for 10 minutes.
- While they are toasting…boil water and soak the medjool dates and cashews, separately. The dates can soak for 10 minutes, but the cashews should soak for 20-25 minutes.
- Discard the water from the dates and REMOVE THE PITS! Once the almonds have cooled, put the 3 crust ingredients in a blender or food processor. Pulse 5-8 times, scraping the sides as needed. The pieces should be a large grain consistency.
- Lightly coat an 8×8 pan with coconut oil. Place and press the mix to the bottom of the pan only to form the crust.
- After the cashews have soaked for the allotted 20-25 minutes, discard the water and blend with the remaining filling ingredients. Blend on high until smooth. This took me about 3-4 minutes. Scrap sides as needed.
- Pour and evenly layer on top of crust.
- Press pecans on top of the filling, making whatever design you would like!
- Refrigerate for 2 hours to set. You may even prefer them frozen for a longer shelf life and a firmer consistency. It’s up to you! JP and I prefer them frozen!
Enjoy these sweet treats, and please let me know if you tried them out! Happy eating, friends! ❤