Hello, hello! I cannot tell you how excited I am to be back on here and to have the time to dedicate to this blog again. I missed it, as I love developing recipes, talking all things nutrition, and sharing scientific-based knowledge on how to improve your life.
For those of you who don’t follow me on social media or know me in real life, let me introduce myself. I am Danielle Cahalan- a wife, dog mom of two rescue pups, runner, yogi, recipe developer, and nutrition student aspiring to be a Registered Dietitian. Without getting too deep too quickly while still remaining transparent, I must tell you that I struggled with an eating disorder for 15 years. It ran my life for the majority of that time, but throughout my ups and downs, I learned so much about health, well-being (physical, emotional, and mental), and the importance of loving yourself through a solid relationship with food, self-care and wellness rituals, and accepting love and help from those who care about you.
I will continue to be transparent and real with you through this blog- as I am doing it for me, for you, and to provide healthy, yummy, affordable, and easy recipes you can use + lifestyle tips to help elevate your life. I hope you enjoy the content, as my goal is to feed YOU happy!
Canned Salmon Burgers with Dill Greek Yogurt Sauce
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yields: 4 patties (1/2 cup each)
- 2- 15oz cans wild salmon
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup ground oats
- 1 medium jalapeno, chopped
- 1/2 shallot, chopped
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- sprinkle of salt (based of personal taste preference)
- dash of pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 lemon, juiced
- whole wheat buns
- 1/2 cup whole milk Greek yogurt (recommend organic)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- dash on salt
- 2 Tbsp chopped dill
- Open canned salmon and drain well. Add to medium size bowl and break up chunks. Add egg, ground oats, jalapeño, shallot, and spices. Mix thoroughly.
- Form patties with 1/2 cup- should make 4.
- Heat electric skillet or large skillet over stovetop to medium-high heat. Add olive oil. Place patties in skillet.
- Cook 5 minutes on each side, monitoring as to not to burn.
- Remove from heat. Let cool. In the meantime, mix ingredients to make dill Greek yogurt sauce.
- Assemble burgers with whole wheat burger buns, patties, sauce and toppings. I suggest layering the bottom bun with spinach and avocado slices, spreading the sauce on top of the patty, and adding a tomato or whatever else you fancy! Made a side of chili air-fried sweet potatoes.
- Enjoy and let me know what you think!
Once again- SO happy to be back! Check back for my grocery list either later today or tomorrow.