Hay hayyyy! I am back, Feed Me Happy followers!
As was on trend in 2018, the beginning of 2019 proved to be pretty busy for me as well (not that the rest of you are NOT busy). We all have our own work/school/family/personal obligation packed agendas. For me, the spring was filled with 3 heavy science classes, Boston Marathon training, two very part-time jobs, and organizing a few events for the school nutrition association I’m a part of.
Over the past 3 weeks, several of these things have ended, and thus, I have more time to dedicate to my beloved blog and Instagram. My short term goal is to provide you all with fun and new recipes, nutrition facts, food trends, and lifestyle hacks- to feed you happy, in any way you interpret that. All I need from you are some suggestions of what you would like to see from me content wise. Please feel free to email me at email@example.com or comment below with your ideas!
Now to the good stuff- a new original recipe! Tahini has always been a popular ingredient in Middle Eastern dishes- baba ganoush, hummus, and it is commonly used as a dipping sauce or condiment. In the past couple of years, it has grown in popularity in the U.S., and even more recently, many food stylists and bloggers are incorporating this healthy fat into baked goods. I dug it and wanted to try my hand at developing a chocolate tahini cookie. Took me 4 tries, but I finally landed on a pretty solid recipe. 🙂 Please note that this recipe is vegan friendly, produces light and fluffy cookies, and requires minimal ingredients (some of which you may already have on hand)! Try it out, and let me know what you think! Follow me @feed.me.happy on Instagram for tahini nutrition facts.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Bake time: 15 minutes
Yields: 9 cookies
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 coconut sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- chocolate bar/chips of choice
- 1/2 cup tahini (I used the one from Trader Joe’s- make sure to stir well)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup plant milk (I used almond)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and grease with oil of choice (I use coconut oil spray).
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients but the chocolate chips/chunks. I used a whisk to thoroughly mix and break up bigger pieces of flour.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix all of the wet ingredients together until even.
- Pour wet ingredients on top of dry and use a rubber spatula to fold and mix until dry ingredients combine.
- Fold in chocolate chunks/chips of choice.
- Use an ice cream scooper or 1/4 cup and spoon to measure dough. Place at least 1.5 inches apart on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy this tasty treat and let me know how they turn out! ❤