Happy Memorial Day Weekend everyone!
I wanted to create a light, healthy and refreshing dessert for you all to enjoy, hence, the creation of this Key Lime Pie! It is vegetarian but can be made vegan with coconut yogurt. This is a beginner’s kind of baking recipe- with minimal ingredients and simple techniques. I’ve been eating a slice for breakfast every morning with my dirty matcha- lovin it!
Key Lime Pie
Prep: 5 minutes
Baking time: 30 minutes
Setting/Cooling time: 1 hour
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Meal
- 2 cups Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil +oil for brushing crust
- 6-7 Tbsp cold water
- 2 cups Greek Yogurt
- 1 1/2 avocado
- 1-2 Tbsp honey (optional)
- 3 juiced limes
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk (use solids if available)
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease 8″ baking round with coconut oil (I use coco spray).
- Mix almond meal and coconut flakes in a medium sized bowl. Cut in 1/2 cup of coconut oil with pastry cutter or two knives until the coconut oil is evenly distributed into pea size clumps. Add 6-7 Tbsp of cold water and mix.
- Press the crust mixture on the bottom and sides of pan until evenly molded to form a pie crust. Brush or spray top of formed crust with coconut oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, and let cool for 20.
- In the meantime, make your filling. Mash avocado until no longer clumpy. Whip the yogurt and coconut solids separately with an electric beater or Kitchen Aid mixer for 1 minute. Add avocado, lime juice, honey, and pinch of salt. Whip for another minute on medium high speed.
- Let set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Let the crust cool completely. I recommend leaving it in the tin, so the crust doesn’t crumble. Add filling, zest lime to top, and chill for another 30 minutes. Enjoy!