Good morning, lovelies!
How is your Easter weekend starting out? Ours is off to a great start, especially because my husband got home from a business trip late last night. It’s always comforting to know he’s safe. Anyways, we chatted and caught up for a bit, and now I’m sitting here typing away about matcha as I’m indulging in one. I have a dirty (espresso added) matcha nearly everyday, and since it’s such a big part of my daily regimen, I thought I’d share how I make mine with you.
- Matcha powder of your choice (I like DO Matcha or Republic of Tea)
- Almond Milk (the Trader Joe’s brand froths well)
- Collagen Peptides Powder
- Coconut oil
- Espresso (optional, but I like my extra boost)
- Place 1 Tbsp. matcha with a sprinkle (maybe 1/8 tsp) of spirulina in a large coffee mug.
- Boil water and pour 3/4 cup over the matcha mixture. Whisk gently, preferably with a bamboo whisk specifically made for matcha.
- Separately put a scoop of collagen in a blender with 2 tsp honey and 1 tsp coconut oil. Add the matcha and blend for 15 seconds. You don’t want to ruin the matcha flavor by over-blending the tea. Transfer the liquid back to your original mug.
- Froth 1/2 cup of almond milk and top your matcha. You may also add 1-2 shots of espresso to dirty it up for an extra boost!
Note: I’m looking into purchasing a natural vanilla flavored collagen and may play around with this recipe. I’ll update you if I find anything worth mentioning, and stay tuned for future spring and summer recipes that incorporate matcha in a variety of other ways!! Enjoy!
Be caffeinated, happy and well! ❤